Where should I go outside Egypt first?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday (and a Wednesday blog teaser)...

So on Thursday morning we have a bus to take us back to the new campus....finally moving back home. I miss it. This place we're in is boring, smells, EVERYTHING you do echoes and is loud....and did I mention its boring!?

I think my friend Sheeraz and I are going to Tahrir in the morning/afternoon tomorrow. It has REALLY calmed down by all reports. The protesters there are not giving up even though the thought really sweeping the nation right now is that he has gotten the message, given concessions, and their voices have been heard and an immediate exodus by Mubarak may cause more problems then victories. However, those few dedicated souls are not giving in. And they are getting more organized by the day. And I mentioned that there was a makeshift clinic outside where like a dozen doctors had set up shop? Well apparently that has moved into a mosque and there were over 100 doctors today. And now there's a kitchen serving food and there's blankets and bedding and tents now to protect from the rain. They are ready to live there for eternity if that's what it takes.... at least the violence and scari-ness is over - but i'm not sure their will is broken just yet.

I finally woke up from my 36 hour nap yesterday. I was exhausted in a way I never have been before. Not just physically - but mentally and everything as well. The process and experience has just been a brow-beating....and I'm glad that a sense of normality has finally returned. I didn't watch the Super Bowl. After all - my team was nowhere to be found....Poor Colts...but next year we host - so that may be our year!

I have news to report on Wednesday. It's pretty big news - but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag prematurely. It involves the next big thing I'm getting myself into. Could be huge. Definitely something to keep on your blog radar. I won't let it out yet. But you definitely don't want to miss my blog Wednesday night around 9pm Egyptian time (so that's 2pm EST in the US)...... Don't worry - that's only a day and a half away.....lol

1 comment: