Where should I go outside Egypt first?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

spring break.....

Well it's only just over 2 weeks before spring break!....
and I CAN'T wait!!!

had a lot going on the last month...some good and some not so good - but I'll try to keep this up-beat! :)

I was assigned to the University committee to re-design the University's Freedom of Expression Policy. That has been a great task - to help re-design and protect the freedoms of speech, expression and association for future generations of AUCians. It's great also to be involved in such a great undertaking with other students, faculty and staff and really see the process come together and see a future being built! Gone are the days of the Egyptian culture that was reflected in the old University policy filled with draconian rules and gray areas used to deny students those rights which we take for granted elsewhere.

No more censorship!
No more rules about groups and association!
No more breaking up of protests and demonstrations!
Freedom of speech is here to stay y'all!

I also just started learning Egyptian local dialect too. The revolution kind of foiled my plans to start that 2 months ago - so I just hired a tutor and have had a couple lessons so i can learn the local language and not just MSA which doesn't get me around much in the city honestly.

Also - my trip is all booked and planned for Spring break as well!
It's a 12 day spring break too! that is exciting!
Hostels booked! Plane tickets booked! Train tickets booked! Itinerary set!
I'm starting off with some friends going to Athens, Greece.
Then off to Warsaw and Krakow Poland by myself.
Then finishing off by visiting some friends in London, UK again (an annual tradition for me now).

I can't wait - I need to get out!
I'm gonna see parts of Europe I've never seen before and some parts that I love to see every year!

April 15th! Tax day for most of you - freedom and travel day for me!
(to spend my tax refund! lol)!

Later
y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment