Where should I go outside Egypt first?

Friday, August 20, 2010

Arrived in London

Well.... I arrived in London safely. I didn't think that I would EVER make it to London. We had SOO many delays - we had incorrect baggage make it on the flight and we had to go back to the gate. Then the airport found a lost passport for a passenger and we had to go back to the gate again to get it. Then in mid-flight over the Atlantic a lady about 6 rows back went CRAZY! She stood up and started SCREAMING at someone behind her to stop kicking her seat or she was gonna come over the seat and it got super crazy and hairy for a minute. It took a couple of flight attendants to go back to her and calm her down. They even threatened to turn the plane around!

But then I landed and went through customs without an issue. I picked up my bags (both of which had the "random search" tag inside when I got them. I figured as much since I was flying a one-way ticket to the Middle East. I am really jetlagged. In the last 36 hours I have slept about 3. So tonight will be a GOOD nights rest for me but hopefully staying up today will get me close to being on track with a new sleep schedule 6 hours ahead.

After a VERY busy school year with 2 jobs, 2 internships and a full class load even into the summer - this week off to enjoy myself in London is JUST what I need to unwind and relax before I arrive to Cairo for grad school. Tomorrow I plan to head out into the city and try to catch some stuff I missed on the last time around. Expect some pictures to come tomorrow and some more updates too!

Oh and by the way - there is a link on the left hand side of my blog page where entering your email can alert you when I put up a new blog! (Thanks to cousin Angie Dobbs for teaching me about how to add that to my blog:)

Until then....
R

1 comment: