Where should I go outside Egypt first?

Saturday, January 15, 2011

it's been a while...hello again!

So I know it's been waaaaay too long...but it's so hard to blog this time around and I don't know why. But...here goes....

Since last blog - school has finished ! YAY.... and i got my grades back. A,A,A,A- so I am really happy about those grades. Next semester i'm only taking three classes so i should expect A's next semester with more time/less classes.
And i'll be an RA next semester - so a little time commitment there but nothing all that bad - and free housing!

I got to spend my Christmas in Rome this year. That was an amazing experience I won't soon forget. Got to go to Christmas mass at the Vatican and see the Pope. Incredible experience. And then got to sight-see all week with all the stuff Rome has to offer - Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Vatican, Coliseum, Pantheon, etc. It was all in all an incredible week. My roommate Hassan was on the trip with me - but we got to meet some GREAT new friends and we've kept in contact and that was an added bonus - some real great people!

School starts in 2 weeks exactly from now.... and I kind of can't wait. Going to Alexandria tomorrow - had to postpone the trip b/c of some bombing stuff- i'm sure you all heard the news - my friends there were pretty rattled by it. Not the Egypt they all know and love so it was tough on them. Happily though the reaction was that people actually pulled together and not apart down sectarian lines so it was much better than it could have been.

Yesterday it thunderstormed in Cairo and all over the Middle East in a rare event...it rained and poured for hours... Hassan is back in Kuwait and it rained there too.... it was baaaaad. We had some grand plans that got totally messed up - but there's always another time I suppose!

So i moved into my new room already. It's a double room with Hassan - and it's true double room college stuff with double bunkbeds which is pretty funny. I've almost fallen out a couple times...lol but I haven't!

And so i hope to blog more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment